Turn your Hobby into a profitable business
What stops most people from starting a business is a fear of failure. You do not need to have a grand idea to make your hobby into a full-time business or side gig. Your hobbies could include painting, woodworking, baking, web design, or dog training.
Here are some ideas to help you build confidence in possibly starting your own personal venture:
- Don’t look at someone else’s definition of success. Create your own definition and create a much better assessment of how you are doing.
- Align what you want with your behavior. Take notice of your unconscious behaviors and see where you might be happy or unhappy. Try out therapy, even when you feel like everything is going well. You can find out more about yourself and who YOU want to be.
- Don’t adhere to the social norms. It is not required to always have a college degree for the position you want. How do you feel about the position you are currently in? What is most important to you to be successful?
- What is it you want and need? Make decisions based on instincts and what your truths are to create a plan for success.
- You find yourself in positions that aren’t a good fit for you. What do you want your purpose to be in this world? What problems do you want to solve with your talents?
- Do not follow advice that you know won’t work for you. It doesn’t matter who the person is giving you the advice, it matters how you will use it and if it will be beneficial to you or not. Take time to listen but be critical for own success.
- Don’t stay in your comfort zone. Be afraid to fail and try again.
- Look at your financial health. The scarcity mindset might be holding you back, but you might have exactly what you need for a safety net to take a risk.
- Believe in yourself, don’t worry what others think of you. Seek professional help if you are unsure. Anything can be fixed with the right support.
Look at what you have in place for your goals. Look at where you are and if you need to make changes. Always ask for help if you are unsure what to do next. Let 2022 be a year to grow, with any goals you have set for yourself.